Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Love MONDAYS!

Most folks find a certain disdain for Mondays, because it often signals the beginning of another week of "the daily grind." However, for the Hoffman family, this is my day off and it is the day that I get to do what is most important to me in an uninterrupted way and that is to be a husband and a father...and for that reason, I have found a particular joy in Mondays. I also love Mondays because (as it has always been) it follows Sunday (I know that is profound) of where on Mondays my mind is freshly aware of being with God's people. The songs that we sing are still humming in my head and I get to have a day of rest and fellowship with my "first disciples" and "first mission field" my lovely wife and two kids. In this blog post, of 'random thoughts and musings' I wanted to just pass on a couple of pictures of a Monday we had a couple of weeks ago at the Overland Park Arboritum, where we took a family hike together. If you haven't be out there, I highly recommend planning a day of it, (or even a couple of hours) just to get lost on the trails and enjoying one another's company. We hiked about 3 miles together, had a stop for snack time, as well as stopping and observing the colors of all the leaves. It was a great time! And whatever your "day off" is, I would encourage you go and make those memories together. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: