Friday, April 18, 2008

Together (with my family) for the Gospel

What an incredible time! There are many ways that I am presently aware of as to how the Lord specifically ministered to my heart. I am so very, very grateful for the time spent, the books I have been introduced to, the timely messages I heard, the perspective given on very important topics that the church is presently being faced with, the new friends I have made, and the old friends I was able to reunite with and I pray this will all bear good fruit in my life, first as a husband, then father, then pastor and theologian. It was a profound time, and I will be sharing many, many of those things with you in this format and in the pulpit next week and in the weeks to come....however...

As I was "Together (with many godly men) for the Gospel" I was also "Apart (from my family) For The Gospel." So, right now...I am going to be "Apart (From this blog) and Together (with my family) for the Gospel"....and so you will have to wait for some of those reports on how I was affected, informed and helped by John MacArthur's message on "Total Depravity" and R.C. Sproul's message on the glory of substitutionary atonement as seen through propitiation....and Molher's message confronting aspects of liberal theology's attacks on the substitutionary atonement of Christ, especially from voices from the Emergent church movement...Piper's message on the personal sacrifice of the Christian, and C.J.'s message on the pastor's heart in finding delight in the task of pastoral ministry. All of that will have to wait... in the meantime log on to the "Together For The Gospel" website and start listening to some great messages! http://www.t4g.org

No comments: