Thursday, February 1, 2007

Father Abraham, RC Sproul and "Invest"

"Abraham breathed his last and died in a good old age,
an old man and full of years, and was gathered to his people."
(Genesis 25:8)

This morning in my devotions I was reading from R.C. Sproul's devotional magazine, "Tabletalk." (I have recently renewed my subscription after having let it lapse for several years, and I am glad to be receiving it again. If you are interested in it here is the link... http://www.ligonier.org/tt.php) In this morning's devotional on Genesis 25, RC spoke of Abraham's death, the grace of old age and his care to leave an inheritance for his children. In that, the challenge was Abraham's care to pass on to his children what he had so graciously received from the Lord.

As I read that, I found my heart going into two different places, specifically thinking about Dr. Sproul's investment into sound doctrine and then to the men of Providence Community Church who, through our Invest classes are investing themselves to grow in the knowledge and truth of God's word...and then the desire to pass that on to our children. Your example is not only continuously encouraging as a pastor, but humbling and provoking for me as a father.

This month, as we meet this Saturday, we are going to be talking about the attributes of God, more specifically the "God-centeredness of God" and our calling to walk out God-centered lives based on sound doctrine. As I have been preparing for this session, I have been reminded of the impact that Dr. Sproul has had on my life through his books. As I began to think deeper about his impact, it has been primarially through his books that display the attributes of God ("The Holiness of God," and "The Invisible Hand" to name a few). We are greatly indebted to him as a theologian, pastor and fellow brother in Lord, as he has made himself a willing tool in the Savior's hand to teach millions through his books and lectures. (As a sidenote, it is incredibly humbling to see that Dr. Sproul will be speaking at Sovereign Grace Ministries' Leadership Conference this year, if any would want to go, it is open to all, but I am sure space will fill up quickly, here is the link for the information on that, if you are interested...www.sovereigngraceministries.org)

With that I am also moved this morning in thinking about this Saturday, (as well as the past sessions and the ones to come) in seeing you men and your heart and love for the Savior and your desire to not only grow yourselves, but to also pass this on to future generations of Providence Community Church. Thank you for your example of loving God's word and seeking to apply it to your own lives. I don't know of a godlier group of humble, gracious brothers. I know at times discouragement can set in as we do the 9-5 day in and day out, but men your godly example of faithfulness to provide, your example to lead your children in loving the Savior, your devotion to his word and your desire to grow in leading your family in this...you are making a difference to give to your children what you have received of from the Lord. Your "sermon" of love and care to your family, while you, yourself growing in ever increasing desparation for Christ, speaks more than what you know. Thank you men for your example and keep changing, keep growing! As we walk through the seasons together, may we seek, by His grace to pass on a legacy of loving, applying and cherishing God's great, glorious grace. Take care, men and I look forward to fellowshipping with you this Saturday.

Your brother,

Matthew

4 comments:

Mark said...

For those of you that may be providentially placed in a cubicle like myself or just like listening to sermons/teachings here is a link to Wayne Grudem audio teaching through Systematic Theology.

http://psalm305.blogspot.com/2007/01/wayne-grudem-christian-essentials.html

I do agree with Matthew fellas your example is not only encouraging but provoking to me as well.

Press on my friends in your love for the Savior and your desire to not only grow yourselves, but to also pass this on to future generations of Providence Community Church.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ravehimo.ibnsites.com/arotek.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://nixokoceg.uvoweb.net/acoqyg.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real money.
It gets down to select a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]